DTC C1581/81 Assist Map Un-Writing
DESCRIPTIONThe power steering ECU outputs this DTC when it determines that the assist map is not written in the ECU.
The power steering ECU must be replaced when this DTC is output because this malfunction cannot be repaired.
- The assist map data is written in the power steering ECU to control assisting power. The assist map is selected from five types based on the vehicle specification communication data (designation and grade package information).
|DTC No.||DTC Detection Condition||Trouble Area|
|C1581/81||Assist map not written in power steering ECU|
- If replacing the power steering ECU, initialize and calibrate the torque sensor zero point (Click here).
|1.PERFORM ASSIST MAP WRITING|
Connect a Techstream to the DLC3.
Turn the ignition switch to ON.
Turn the Techstream on.
Set the Techstream to Test Mode (select "Signal Check").
- Refer to the Techstream operator's manual for further details.
Wait for 7 seconds or more.
- Assist map is automatically written when approximately 7 seconds have elapsed after setting the Techstream to Test Mode. DTC C1581/81 will be cleared after the assist map is written.
Check for DTCs (Click here).
- DTC C1581/81 is not output.
|2.CHECK CAN COMMUNICATION SYSTEM|
Check for DTCs of the CAN communication system (Click here).
- DTCs are not output.
Check if a qualified ECM is installed.
- A qualified ECM is installed.
|4.CHECK SKID CONTROL ECU|
Check if a qualified skid control ECU is installed.
- A qualified skid control ECU is installed.