POWER STEERING SYSTEM (for Hatchback) > PS Warning Light Remains ON
DESCRIPTIONIf the power steering ECU assembly detects a malfunction, the EPS warning light comes on. At this time, the power steering ECU assembly stores a DTC in its memory.
When the power supply voltage to the power steering ECU assembly (terminals IG) drops, required steering effort increases and the EPS warning light turns on.
- If the power steering ECU assembly is replaced, perform the torque sensor zero point calibration and assist map writing (Click here).
- Inspect the fuses for circuits related to this system before performing the following inspection procedure.
- If the battery is not sufficiently charged or the voltage decreases temporarily, the amount of power assist may be reduced and the EPS warning light may come on. In such cases, the amount of power assist returns to normal when the battery voltage recovers. If the EPS warning light comes on but no DTCs are stored, check the Data List "Battery Voltage Lo Record" (Click here).
|1.CHECK HARNESS AND CONNECTOR|
Turn the ignition switch to ON.
Check the indication condition of the EPS warning light by wiggling the power steering ECU assembly connector and wire harness up and down, and right and left.
- EPS warning light indication condition does not change.
|2.CHECK CAN COMMUNICATION SYSTEM|
Check for DTCs of the CAN communication system (Click here).
Result Result Proceed to DTCs is not output A DTCs is output B
|3.CHECK HARNESS AND CONNECTOR (POWER STEERING ECU ASSEMBLY - BATTERY AND BODY GROUND)|
Disconnect the power steering ECU assembly connectors.
Measure the voltage according to the value(s) in the table below.
- Standard Voltage:
Tester Connection Switch Condition Specified Condition D104-1 (IG) - Body ground Ignition switch ON 11 to 14 V
Measure the resistance according to the value(s) in the table below.
- Standard Resistance:
Tester Connection Condition Specified Condition A68-2 (PGND) - Body ground Always Below 1 Ω Text in Illustration *a Rear view of wire harness connector
(to Power Steering ECU Assembly)
|4.REPLACE POWER STEERING ECU ASSEMBLY|
Replace the power steering ECU assembly (Click here).
|5.PERFORM ASSIST MAP WRITING|
Perform assist map writing (Click here).
|6.CHECK EPS WARNING LIGHT|
Check that the EPS warning light on the combination meter assembly does not come on.
- The EPS warning light on the combination meter assembly does not come on.